Kedgeree - £2.85
This kedgeree is a delicately flavoured, deliciously light dish that's perfect for breakfast, dinner, and anything in between
COOKS IN 30 mins
In the kit:
A spice mix ready to make your kedgeree, including a cinnamon stick, a bay leaf, green cardamom pods, turmeric, curry powder, and ground coriander
You will need:
Basmati rice (200g)
Smoked haddock fillets (450g)
Whole Milk (350ml)
Stock (fish or vegetable) (100-300ml)
Onion (1 large, finely chopped)
Single cream (3 tbsp, optional)
Parsley (handful, finely chopped)
Lemon (½, zested and juiced)
This kedgeree is a delicately flavoured, deliciously light dish that's perfect for breakfast, dinner, and anything in between.
Our kit serves 4
- Place the rice in a bowl, cover with water, and set aside to soak
- In a large saucepan, add you first Teaspoon Club spice packet and toast for 1 minute. Pour in the milk, season with a little salt, and place the haddock skin-side down into the saucepan. Bring to a simmer over a low heat and poach the fish for 6-8 minutes depnding on the thickeness of your fillets. Remove the fish from the saucepan, reserving the cooking liquid. You can sieve the poaching liquid to remove any fish skin that may have flaked off
- Measure the poaching liquid remaining and prepare stock to top the liquid level up to 450ml. Place into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Tip in the rinsed rice, stir once, and cover, leaving to cook for 8-10 minutes
- While the rice cooks, bring some water to a boil in a separate saucepan and boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Drain, peel, and set aside
- In a large cast-iron pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion is softened, add your second Teaspoon Club spice stage, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain the cooked rice (if necessary) and tip into the pan along with the cream if using. Mix in thoroughly over a low heat
- Flake the fish into the pan and add the parsley, lemon zest, and juice, gently mixing into the rice.
- Cut the eggs into quarters and place them on top of the rice. Cover to warm through for one minute, and serve immediately (with optional lemon wedges)
If you would like to buy this recipe kit, click on the product link below
Shakshouka - £1.95
Shakshouka is a North African egg dish with tomatoes, onions and peppers. It's great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner, and our spice brings out a deep and rich flavour.
Kedgeree - £2.85
This kedgeree is a delicately flavoured, deliciously light dish that's perfect for breakfast, dinner, and anything in between. It's complete with rice, smoked haddock, eggs, parsley, and plenty of spices.