Delhian Butter Chicken - £3.25
This butter chicken is beautifully flavoured without the heat of some of our other curries. The chicken is baked first, giving it a wonderfully tender texture.
COOKS IN 45 mins + marinating
In the kit:
Three spice mixes for the curry including turmeric, garam masala, ground cumin, chilli powder, cloves, a cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, fenugreek powder, and ground coriander
You will need:
Garlic cloves (4, crushed)
Ginger (thumb-size piece, grated)
Lemon juice (half lemon)
Plain yoghurt (150ml)
Chicken breasts (4)
Vegetable oil or butter (3 tbsp)
Onions (2, finely chopped)
Chopped tomatoes (1 x 400g tin)
Boiling Water (200ml)
Crème fraiche /cream (120ml)
This butter chicken is beautifully flavoured without the heat of some of our other curries.
Our kit serves 4
- To marinate the chicken, take two of the garlic cloves, half of the ginger, the lemon juice, the plain yoghurt, and your first Teaspoon Club spice packet and mix well in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and mix into the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for a minimum of an hour, though overnight is better
- To make the curry, start by cooking the chicken. Traditionally, the chicken is cooked in a clay oven, but you can use a regular oven. Set the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan /390°F/ gas mark 4. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. If you can’t bake the chicken, you can brown it in the pan, remove and set aside ready to add to the curry at stage 5
- Whilst the chicken bakes, heat the vegetable oil/butter in a large pan on a medium heat. Add your second Teaspoon Club spice packet, and toast the spices for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the remaining garlic cloves, ginger, and the onions and fry for 5 minutes until thoroughly softened. Add your final Teaspoon Club spice packet and mix well
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and bring your curry to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until your desired consistency is reached. Top up the curry with up to 200ml of boiling water from the kettle if the sauce needs loosening
- Remove the chicken from the oven and check that it is tender and white through. If it needs a bit more cooking, add it to the pan (along with the marinade juices) and simmer until it is cooked. If it’s already thoroughly cooked, just mix it in thoroughly to warm it all through
- Take the curry off the heat and stir in the crème fraiche/cream. Serve hot with rice and coriander to garnish
If you would like to buy this recipe kit, click on the product link below
Creamy Vegan Korma - £3.25
This vegan curry is so creamy, you won't believe it's dairy free! It'll rival your local Indian restaurant, and is full of rich flavours.
Jackfruit Tinga Tacos - £1.95
Our jackfruit tinga tacos are the perfect addition to any Mexican night. Cooked and shredded in a tinga tomato sauce, the jackfruit strips are a delicious substitute. Pair with crumbly cheese, fresh salad, and soured cream and you've got the perfect taco!