Creamy Vegan Korma - £3.25
This rich creamy curry is full of flavour, and will rival your local restaurant!
COOKS IN 1 hour
In the kit:
Three spice mixes your korma, including garam masala, ground cumin, mustard powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, ground cloves, cinnamon, pepper, turmeric, ground coriander, a cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, and cloves.
You will need:
Cauliflower (1 medium, chopped into small florets, discarding the stalks and leaves)
Aubergine (1, chopped into 1 cm cubes)
Vegetable Oil (5 tbsp)
Onions (2, chopped into chunks)
Garlic cloves (2, peeled)
Tomato puree (1 tbsp)
Ginger (thumb-size piece, grated)
Ground almonds (50g)
Dairy-free yoghurt, we'd recommend coconut-based (150ml)
Sugar (1 tsp)
Plant-based cream, we'd recommed Oatly (150ml)
Mushrooms (100g, chopped into slices)
Flaked almonds (handful)
Green sultanas (handful, optional)
Rice (to serve)
A handheld blender
This creamy classic curry will rival your favourite Indian restaurant
Our kit serves 4
- Place the cauliflower and aubergine in a large bowl and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle over your first Teaspoon Club spice packet and massage into the vegetables. Set aside to marinate for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight
- Fry the marinated vegetables in a tablespoon of the oil so they are crispy on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside
- To begin the sauce, take the onions and boil them in water for 10 minutes to remove any bitterness. Drain onions, and blend with the garlic in a blender with a splash of water. If the onion and garlic is struggling to blend, add more water gradually until a paste consistency is achieved
- Heat the remaining oil in a deep pan on a medium heat and add your second Teaspoon Club spice packet. Heat for 2 mins until the spices are fragrant and lightly toasted. Add the onion and garlic paste and mix well with the spices. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the paste has turned a little darker
- Add the tomato puree, ginger, ground almonds, yoghurt, sugar, cream substitute, and final Teaspoon Club spice packet and stir well to make your curry sauce. Add the mushrooms and the marinated cauliflower and aubergine. Stir well and leave to simmer for 40 minutes on a medium low heat until the cauliflower is thoroughly cooked through. If the consistency begins to thicken up too much, add some boiling water from the kettle to loosen it a little. Simmer until the curry has lost the bitter cauliflower taste and developed a rich flavour- the longer the better!
- Before serving, take the flaked almonds and grill for 2 minutes before turning them and grilling for another 2 minutes so they are golden brown
- When the vegetables are sufficiently cooked and you're happy with your curry's consistency, stir through the sultanas (if using), and serve hot with rice, scattering the almonds over the curry
If you would like to buy this recipe kit, click on the product link below
Creamy Vegan Korma - £3.25
This vegan curry is so creamy, you won't believe it's dairy free! It'll rival your local Indian restaurant, and is full of rich flavours.
Jackfruit Tinga Tacos - £1.95
Our jackfruit tinga tacos are the perfect addition to any Mexican night. Cooked and shredded in a tinga tomato sauce, the jackfruit strips are a delicious substitute. Pair with crumbly cheese, fresh salad, and soured cream and you've got the perfect taco!